Register to declare
- Fill in the form so that we can list you and include you in any future announcements. Access the information and kitemarks to make your own announcement on your websites and social media.
- Use this toolkit to guide your process of deciding whether and how to declare, in consultation with your teams or board. Then write your statement, using this Declaration template to provide a basis for your own text.
- If you have any questions about the process of declaring and what might arise for you, you can find some answers around the website and you can email email@example.com
Help spread the word and express your views
- Help invite other people/organisations to declare using #CultureDeclaresEmergency on social media. We're here on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
- One of the first Culture Declares events, Letters to the Earth took place on 12th April. Over 50 venues hosted readings selected from over 1000 letters by members of the public. A selection of Letters and a curated 20 minute piece are available here online for performances during International Rebellion. #LettersToTheEarth
- If you’re a blogger or journalist interested to cover this initiative, get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org See some past Press Releases here.
Take it further and organise
This is a global movement, inclusive of all kinds of culture and creative practice. Under the banner of Culture Declares Emergency, you could organise:
Please encourage your network to register to declare using our form, and let us know what you plan to do, via email@example.com and we can share it.
This toolkit has been created by a growing group of practitioners, aiming to inspire and support the Arts & Culture sector to join in declaring a Climate and Ecological Emergency. It draws on a range of expertise about the contribution of Arts & Culture to respond to the planetary emergency, combines material from Declarations by Extinction Rebellion and councils, and advice from Paul Allen of CAT.